Five simple steps to plan your month!
1. Brain dump and reflect on the previous month. What do you need to accomplish? What worked the previous month that you’d like to continue? What didn’t work and how can you eliminate or decrease those things?
I am always surprised at the amount of things I am doing because I think I should or because it's a habit. Once I pause to realize that it's not actually serving me, it is such a release! I love discovering what works and what doesn't work. There is no right or wrong.. just better for you! But you won't know until you stop and think about what you're doing.
2. Set intentions. I love to set intentions by category. In The Intentional Mom Planner we have included sections for you, your relationships, your kids, your home, your finances, and a blank section for you to choose.
These serve as easy reminders of what you are wanting to focus on for the month. It helps me be more present and intentional with my time and it gives me purpose every day.
3. Set Intentional Habits to accomplish your priorities. Anyone else motivated by stars and stickers? Or checking things off? This is the perfect page for you!
Find a reward system that works for you. Whether it's stickers, colors, or an X, mark each day that you complete the goal. Then one step further - decide a reward for yourself for completing a week in a row or a certain number of days in the month. The goal isn't perfection, it's progress. So celebrate your all your wins and keep going no matter what!
4. Schedule your appointments and must do tasks.
To make things even easier for you, we have included a checklist so you know what to plan so you don't have to worry about forgetting anything!
By starting with things that are time or day sensitive you can easily see where you have open time for all the other things you need to do.
5. Schedule your priorities. Make time for what matters most. If it’s dinner with friends or an activity with your kids, make sure to write it down so you can plan on it and make it happen. It’s easy to get too busy and not make time for the fun things we want to do.
Experiencing life beyond the tasks is the ultimate goal! Properly planning your month can make it much easier to do that!